Preloader Bug

Hey GT3-Team,

while loading a standard single page the preloader does not show the progress bar based on the theme color. Instead it stays grey. Your demo displays the same bug when you click on a standard page like "about", "typography" or "contact".

Looking forward to an update.

Best regards,
Martin

Re: Preloader Bug

Hello,

This is not the issue. The content on pages are simple.
Pages loads fast, that's why the loader don't need to preload time.
This is the reason why you see it only few seconds and it goes away.

Regards,
Jane
Jane Clarks

GT3themes Support Team
Discover the Power of GT3themes Products

Hello,

first of all thanks for your reply. I really appreciate that support. But that's a confusing explanation.

Please visit your Wonder Demo Site. When you click on "Home" it takes just about one second to load the content. In the background the page is loading 12 posts and the sidebar filled with widgets. And the colored progress bar appears.

But when you click on a simple page like "About" or "Contact" or even the "404 error" (which is the simplest page by far) the content takes about two seconds to load. But the progress bar stays gray.

With no argument - this a very irritating behavior. Please keep that in mind for further updates.

Thank you,
Martin

I asked developers before I provided my first reply on your question
As you mentioned the home page takes the one second, but there are a lot modules, it has what to load. Absolutely teh same on blog page.
But the "About" or "Contact" or even the "404 error" are simple pages. There are not a lot content.
That's the script don't need any time to help to load the content.

Regards,
Jane
Jane Clarks

GT3themes Support Team

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love your themes. I'm using Wonder and Oyster and they are by far the best themes for photographic purposes. Period.

But without being too picky - if a page on my website like the "Blog Grid" takes just one second to load and shows the colored progress bar while a simple page takes twice as much time and doesn't show the progress bar - that is with no argument an irritating behavior. From my as well as from my visitors point of view it seems that the progress bar on simple pages is not working. That's the impression that people get. Just giving you real human feedback.

It's nothing world-shaking. I'm still highly pleased with the theme. But I want you and the developers to think objective about the following question while leaving the technical stuff aside:

If a preloader is shown on a website that I'm visiting - is it understandable that on the one hand a nice colored progress bar is shown ahead of a complex page while on the other hand the same preloader is visible twice as long ahead of a simple page but stays stays gray all the time without any indication of loading? Yes or no?

Regards,
Martin

Martin, we use ready made script that absolutely the same for all pages.
We can't change or manage it to display colored strip on any pages you want.
If you don't want to use it, please disable it in theme settings.

Regards,
Jane
Jane Clarks

GT3themes Support Team

Return to “Photo Blog WordPress Theme - Wonder”