Translation problems

Hi,

I've my site in a WP Portuguese version, and have translated all sentences in the translator option inside the yelllowproject menu, but my site still shows some words in English.

Can you please direct me on where to translate them ?

(posted by, in, tags) http://equipasprimeiro.pt/artigos/
(All fields marked with an asterisk* are required.) http://equipasprimeiro.pt/contacto/

Another issue is the format of the default page when searching or selecting one category. All my pages have an image as background, but wher using search or selecting one category from the footer bar, the page has a full width without the image background. How can I set this default page to show as the other site pages ?

Thank you for help.
Best regards,
Miguel Gaspar

Re: Translation problems

Hello Miguel Gaspar,

This theme comes with .po, .mo files, they are located in \yellow\core\languages\ folder.

Please follow these steps to translate your theme text:
- please download this software and install it http://www.poedit.net/download.php;
- please open .po file located in \yellow\core\languages\en_US.po using poedit tool and translate the existing text to your own;
- when you save the file, you must name it according to your language;
- upload the file to the required folder on your server, that's all.

If you want to use .po .mo files, please disable custom translator in Yellow theme settings=> Translator=> Custom translator status.

Regards,
Jane
Jane Clarks

GT3themes Support Team
Discover the Power of GT3themes Products

Hi Jane,

Thank you for your help, I will try using the software as explained.

Can you please answer the second question ?
"Another issue is the format of the default page when searching or selecting one category. All my pages have an image as background, but when using search or selecting one category from the footer bar, the page has a full width without the image background. How can I set this default page to show as the other site pages ?"

Thank you,
Best regards,
Miguel Gaspar

Hi Jane,

Thank you. I will wait for the answer.

Regarding the translation question, I've opened the .po file as suggested, and I'm a bit confused. There are items on this files that are not on the translator option on WP backoffice, and there are items on the WP translator that are not on the .po file.

Any way, as almost all items are on the WP translator, except the 2 or 3 exceptions i mentioned, shouldn't this be considered a bug ? The obvious solution from the customer point of view, is that all translation options are in the WP translator menu. If this option is missing 2 or 3 translations, it does not make it very useful, don't you agree ?

Thank you for your help,
Best,
Miguel Gaspar

Hi Jane,

I'm sending a document in attachment comparing both translation options. Doing this, I've realized :

1 - The "Posted by" string is in translator, but the site doesn't show what I defined (I defined "Autor" and the site shows "Posted by" on articles header)
2 - The "Tags" string is in translator, but the site doesn't show what I defined (I defined "Categorias" and the site shows "Tags" on articles header)
3 - The "In" string is not on translator nor po file (on articles header)
4 - The string "All fields marked with an asterisk* are required." showed on the contacts page is not on translator nor po file

I will wait for the response to this translation issue and to the default layout page setup when searching.

Thank you,
Miguel Gaspar
Attachments
table2.gif
table1.gif

Return to “YellowProject Multipurpose Retina WP Theme”