Video Thumbnails

Submit issues that you have with the gallery
watashi314

Video Thumbnails

Post by watashi314 »

Hello,
I have purchased a pro version because I've read that Video Thumbnails are supported.
However, they are either not supported or I cannot set up them.

What I can do is:
1) Create a photo thumbnail with video lightbox. But that is not what I need. I need a video thumbnails.
2) I can create a small video thuumbnail, but in this case a low resolution video is opened in lightbox.
3) To open high resolution video in lightbox, I have to upload a high resolution video file to my server. But in such a case I cannot create a low res video thumbnail for the file. It is using the same high res video file as video thumbnail, which makes the page too heavy to load especially on mobile devices.

So, my question is there any possibility to make a low res video in thumbnail and photo or high res video in lightbox?
Jose Martin

Re: Video Thumbnails

Post by Jose Martin »

Hi there!
Can you please share a link to your website with video thumbs?
That's correct, the same video is used for the thumbs and lightbox, the WordPress does not have such an option to resize the video files.
If you have heavy video files, then it's better to use image thumb in the gallery and full size video in lightbox.
We will discuss if it's possible to have 2 different options for thumbs and lightbox.
GT3 Themes Support Team
watashi314

Post by watashi314 »

Hi

I am going to migrate the site from a builder to WP and it is still a test site. A sample of the gallery can be found at this link: http://1477745.finpro.web.hosting-test. ... ki/scolari

I guess my request is too specific, but I want do place 2-3 live thumbnails among other still thumbnails in the gallery. This will make the site look more dynamic. It is not important for me what the lightbox will contain: full size (hi res) video or full size picture.

I was looking particularly for video thumbnails and I found your plugin. I am ok with how you use videos in thumbnails. I am not ok with the lightbox, because the pop-upped video is too small. Therefore I want the lightbox to open either full size picture or full size video. (But again, I do not want full size videos to eat my customer's bandwith, so it is not acceptable for me to upload high resolution videos for thumbnails)
Jose Martin

Post by Jose Martin »

What plugin versions do you have on your end? Lite and Pro?
GT3 Themes Support Team
watashi314

Post by watashi314 »

It is Pro version.
If you mean the missing thumbnails issue, with Lite and without videos it was Ok.
After I purchased Pro and added videos. photo thumbnails are loading in a weird way.
watashi314

Post by watashi314 »

Pro Version 1.7.2.11
Lite version 2.7.7.16
Jose Martin

Post by Jose Martin »

That's really odd. To better assist you and debug the issue on your end, please PM your site credentials and our developers will debug it on your end.
The issue is they could not replicate that issue on our end.
Thanks
GT3 Themes Support Team
watashi314

Post by watashi314 »

Credentials were sent
watashi314

Post by watashi314 »

Additional info.
The gallery worked perfectly until I used Lite version. After I purchased Pro version, I uninstalled Lite version and installed Pro version.
But at the back end the plugin told me that Lite version is required. I installed Lite version again. Then I faced the issue with thumbnails.
Probably I had to keep Lite version and install Pro version (not vice versa?)
Just thoughts.
Jose Martin

Post by Jose Martin »

Please note that both versions are required.
GT3 Themes Support Team