Problems with Custom Posts/Plugins - Featured Images not available

I am use a Tribe event plugin

https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/faq/

Which can utilise the thumbnail featured images however I do not seem to be able to use them with the Fit+ theme. The featured image option is not available when I try and change the screen options.

I think this has something to do with the way post type supports are handled so I was trying to find the code in the theme that looks at which post types can handle thumbnails but cannot seem to find it.

Can somebody help with this

Re: Problems with Custom Posts/Plugins - Featured Images not available

Hi Jane,
Thank you for the swift response ... I am not 100% I follow what you mean ... this is what I have found ...

I have found a pice of code in gt3-wp-fitplus\core\registrator\misc.php

that allows the post-thumbnails support, but only for 'post', 'page', 'port', 'team', 'testimonials', 'partners' which I assume is why I cannot add them to my custom post which is an "event"?

if (function_exists('add_theme_support')) {
add_theme_support('post-thumbnails', array('post', 'page', 'port', 'team', 'testimonials', 'partners',));
add_theme_support('automatic-feed-links');
add_theme_support( 'post-formats', array( 'image', 'video', 'audio' ) );
}

If I change this code do I need to re-register the theme in wordpress to activate it or would this be enough for wordpress to figure it out (sorry my wordpress isnt great)

Thanks

Hi thanks.

The custom post event needs to be able to use the featured image option in the same way it does for testimonials, team members etc so I cn add an image to my event. Basically it then shows the image in the calendar plugin on the site.

However when i go into the custom post 'events' there is no featured inage option it is not in the screen options.

When i contacted the people who built the plugin they said there can be conflicts with some themes so i wanted to check with you if it was something i had to change.

That led me to check the thenme code where i sae that the featured image support only seems to b set for the Fit+ custom posts.

Hi Jane,

thanks for the response. i totally understand not supporting 3rd Party plugins and your correct the theme does work very well.

I just wondered if there was any advice on what I would need to change myself to get this plugin to work, I would need to add another post type to the "post thumbnails" no worries if that is something you cannot really help with as I understand it would compromise the theme.

Thanks

Return to “Fit+ Multipurpose Sports WordPress Theme”