Some questions and problems to config my Oyster

Hi there...
since today I use Oyster on my Page.
It works fine, but does not always what I want.

1. In the settings --> view options I can upload a default background image... but for what? I don´t see that anywhere...
2. It was my wish to get one Portfolio on my start page. Okay, I can select my last posts or static page. But in pages I can only select pages an no posts, an in pages I can´t select only one portfolio. In posts yes, but I can´t select them as start site.
The Problem is not the menu, problem is the logo on the left side an wenn someone cames over the normal adress of my website.
edit...
3. Under any post there is a link "About the Author" I think its a link for the team, but the link is false he´s goes to /author an not to /team ?!? Isn´t it?

I hope you understand my bad english :D

Grettings from Germany
Katja

Re: Some questions and problems to config my Oyster

Hello,

1. This image is displaying on 404 error page.
2. Did you read the theme documentation?
If you want to display Portfolio as the home page, at first you need create page with Portfolio module that will display posts and select it as the Front page.
3. This is the section that display the author of the post, it isn't the team one.

Regards,
Jane
Jane Clarks

GT3themes Support Team
Discover the Power of GT3themes Products

Hi Jane,
thx for your answer!

1. Okay, it´s possible for other sites/posts select a background image?

2. Yes, I read the documentation, I tried it at least. Your description is exactly my problem, I can not select a post as a static page, only pages, and there it does not work.
I know that it work in post, I test that all, site, pages... but I can´t select it as frontpage.

3. And this link runs to nowhere ...

Katja

1. The background isn't available for posts or pages.
2. The posts can't be selected as the home page. Please read my message more carefully. "If you want to display Portfolio as the home page, at first you need create page with Portfolio module that will display posts and select it as the Front page."
You need to create PAGE with module.
3. It shouldn't redirect to anywhere. This is info section. Please check our demo http://gt3demo.com/wp/oyster/fullwidth-image-post/
Jane Clarks

GT3themes Support Team
Discover the Power of GT3themes Products

Return to “Oyster – Creative Photo WordPress Theme”